This project was so much fun!!! It was my first nesting project of many for baby girl to be :) After having 2 boys, this was such an exciting project for me….girly fabric and girly colors! I used Anneliese’s wonderful tutorial over at Aesthetic Nest. She used the same fabric on front, and like I said in previous posts, I just had to use the same it is SO beautiful!! I’m thinking she should sell it as a kit! I passed the tutorial on to another friend, who just made one with adorable John Deere fabric for her newborn son. She too loved this and will also be making more :)
The only thing I did differently was that I made my own binding. I used a pale pink solid, which almost takes on a peachy feel next to the tangerine. I love pink and tangerine together so it was a good match.
The chenille was surprisingly easy to make! I used Olfa’s Chenille Cutter which made the process quick and easy. My friend started hers using scissors and it didn’t take her long to go to the store and buy the chenille cutter which she said was MUCH easier.
I only made one big goof while making the chenille which was cutting through ALL the fabric (eeek!) I only got about 1 1/2 inches in before realizing so I just took off that much on each side while squaring up.
I love the rounded corners (something I’ve been wanting to do for a long time!). Gives the blanket such a warm, cozy and professional look.
I had wanted to hand bind the binding on as I do with quilts, but once I got the front sewed down, I realized hand binding onto that chenille might not be the best idea. I then just pinned the binding all around and top stitched the entire thing. A little less “neat” than I was going for, but I think will last longer and made more sense.
Thank you Anneliese for this amazing tutorial! I loved every minute of making my first baby girl blanket :)