Archive for October, 2010

new curtains for Meg’s girls’ room, originally uploaded by SewLaTea.

About a year and a half ago I made that quilt on the bed for Meg’s baby girl. (Also shown here and here) It was soon after that we started talking about eventual curtains to finish the room. Meg asked if I would be interested in making them for her. Of course I said “yes!” After much back and forth picking out fabrics and a design, we came up with a plan and I got to work. I made six lined panels, using 3 different fabrics from Tanya Whelan’s Dolce line.  Meg ordered them from Lola Pink Fabrics and per Meg they were super accomodating and the fabric was delivered super quickly!  Meg wanted grommets, which I have never attempted but have been wanting to try. They were actually quite easy. The curtains themselves weren’t very difficult, though very time consuming. Most of my time was spent measuring, cutting and ironing. The sewing part was the easiest part. I also made these with a big ole’ 27 week baby bump which also made it challenging….lots of bending, kneeling, measuring, pinning and cutting……all on the ground. I used Orange Sugar’s awesome tutorial, which was very easy to follow.  I love the way they came out and am thinking I might do the same for my own baby girl to be!   So here they are! It’s so nice to see them hanging against her beautiful pink walls 🙂

Read Full Post »